Tuesday 2 September 2008

Live from Madrid (2)

What I did mostly before the movie wasn't going to must-see places most people would look up in their travel guides. I didn´t go to Prado. I don´t feel much priority in seeing classical art that much anyway. I went to the park. And to a bookshop. I saw a book titled ´how to repair your underwear´. With phrases like: the guide for a man´s man. A man who doesn´t wash his underwear, but fixes it.
Maybe I will do the touristic places later. And in the perspective of being efficient, if you want to see a lot, you best go to where it´s less crowded first.
When I walked through Madrid, the first thoughts that crossed my mind were:
It´s so much like Paris!
And (after touching the metal railing in the metro): This is the cleanest metro I´ve ever been in!
Or: The smell in the hallway is just like in Malaysia, maybe it´s because of the desinfectant, Dettol it must be, even though I don´t specifically know what Dettol smells like, but I´ve seen so many commercials of Dettol in Malaysia it hardly can´t be anything else.
I found that El Paseo de Las Delicias is just like that street in La Fourche.

I still see a lot of similarities with France, that probably can be explained by visits of the same architects and designers if my feeling is correct.

It´s only the first day in Spain and I have a lot more to go. I won´t be writing every day I guess. Because I feel like I´m already trying too much, without taking good care of the most important thing. The experience itself.

Goodnight!

No comments: