Sunday 18 May 2008

A sleepy weekend, turning into something more useful



During this weekend it's been very easy to be lazy. Just hang out on the couch a lot and watch TV while snacking anything that's eatable.
Yesterday I ate apple-pie-flavoured yoghurt with added oats,
a dried-raisin loaf with almond-paste and sugar snow, a lot of apples (golden delicious), a tomato cream lobster soup (canned) with a homemade multi-grain bread and to finish I turned half a kilo of potatoes into crispy chips seasoned with Spanish salt and freshly ground black pepper. What a day.
Of course I couldn't stay home ALL day, so after eleven I met with Marta, her cousin Pilar and friend Cristina. The girls would stay one more night with Marta before they would go back to Spain, so I had the chance to meet them.
I sat down at their table outside the “Janssen en Janssen’s café” and ordered a white Martini and Ice-tea cocktail to try for a change (I had only drunk water before that day). We had a good talk about future professions like journalism and photography, living in other cities than your hometown and preference in music and movies.
After the getting-to-know-each-other talk we went inside this café and started dancing (A good way to get rid of all the excess laziness and calories).
We kept dancing until it hurt my ears.
Yes, my ears, because my legs never get tired :)
With departure at hand for the visiting girls, we stretched our company by strolling around the city centre. "Se promener" as the French would say. Pilar lived in Paris for 3 years and so she just added some French to our conversations, completely naturally and unconsciously.
As the meeting ended on our bikes and I had caught the last floating kisses goodnight with my hand, all I could think about was how satisfied I was with turning my day around and spending the last hours of it with other people than myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello!!
It's Marta!

martafotografiando.blogspot.com