Wednesday 7 May 2008

The times I had to cry

* One day the destruction of the twin towers was on TV again. I watched it, alone in the big new empty house of my parents.
I couldn’t help feeling compassionate about those people I didn’t know.



* A suburb in île de France. In a renovated farmhouse "Ferme du Buisson", art and movies are shown to visitors. A performance starting with a spotlight that could change from a white circle into a black circle. Something I had never seen before. The people in the room were facing the floor in the middle, fully concentrated at experiencing this phenomenon. The size of the circle changed. A man in a black, spandex suit entering the stage and a girl in a white similar skin-covering material, when the light split in two.
I don’t know what it was the couple did - maybe it was because they were Japanese - to let me feel something so basic and profound, I had to cry.
The performance still lasted a while, but all I needed was that short peek giving me insight in the beauty of humanity. Words could not have expressed what I felt and I was thankful to have experienced this moment, for some things can not be explained, they have to be lived.

No comments: